Mitt Romney appears to be a souless political machine. He has no known heartbeat and is rumored to be powered by lima beans alone. But he has some funny writers. At Wednesday night's Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., the former Republican presidential candidate gave his "Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":
10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn't room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation."